Farm operators and any farm employees who transport or apply anhydrous ammonia will be required to complete certified grower training by April 1, 2022.
Farm operators and any farm employees who transport or apply anhydrous ammonia, or
otherwise maintain anhydrous ammonia equipment, shall be certified to understand:
- Properties of ammonia
- Competent in safe operating practices
- How to take appropriate actions in the event of a leak or emergency
- Personal protective equipment & first aid
- Transportation safety
Growers and grower farm operators have until April 1, 2022 to be initially certified, and must participate in refresher training every three years.
Training can be completed online anytime at bit.ly/IllinoisNH3
In person training will be offered at various locations in February & March.
Sessions in central Illinois include:
- Feb. 21 at 1 p.m. – Bloomington
- March 4 at 1 p.m. – Springfield
- March 14 at 1 p.m. – Bloomington
Visit ilfb.org/nh3 for additional information & to register.