USDA Coronavirus Food Assistance Program (CFAP)
- Applications are being accepted now through Aug. 28, 2020
- Call your FSA county office to make an appointment.
- McLean County FSA Office:(309) 452-3848
USDA Payment Calculator (excel file)
Application Preview (video)
Crops: A payment will be made based 50% of a producer’s 2019 total production or the 2019 inventory as of January 15, 2020, whichever is smaller, multiplied by the commodity’s applicable payment rates.
- Non-Specialty Crop Payment Rates/Fact Sheet – Includes details about how to account for grain under various types of marketing contracts
Livestock: The total payment will be calculated using the sum of the producer’s number of livestock sold between January 15 and April 15, 2020, multiplied by the payment rates per head, and the highest inventory number of livestock between April 16 and May 14, 2020, multiplied by the payment rate per head.
Please note: The Illinois FSA Office suggests farmers verify eligibility of their entities before submitting a CFAP application (for example you may need to submit additional paperwork if you sell livestock under a different farm name/business structure than your grain operation)
- Payment limitation of $250,000 per person or entity for all commodities combined.
- Corporate entities may receive up to $750,000 based upon the number of shareholders (not to exceed three shareholders) who contribute at least 400 hours of active person management or personal active labor.
- Adjusted Gross Income limitation of $900,000 unless at least 75% or more of their income is derived from farming, ranching or forestry-related activities.
- Producers will receive 80% of their maximum total payment upon approval of the application. The remaining portion of the payment, not to exceed the payment limit, will be paid at a later date as funds remain available