McLean County Farm Bureau board members discussed issues ranging from trade to transportation to taxes during the delegate session at the IAA Annual Meeting Dec. 9.
Along with representatives from every county Farm Bureau in the state, the delegates discussed and approved policy for the organization on a long list of topics.
Key items include:
- Policy calling for voluntary, science-based efforts on climate change
- Language addressing pesticide regulations
- Policy calling for revisions to the H2-A program
- Tweaks to policy on crop insurance
Delegates unanimously approved two “sense of the delegate body” resolutions to:
- Urge the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to restore the integrity of the Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS)
- Urge Congress and the administration to ratify the USMCA trade agreement
Delegates also re-elected Richard Guebert Jr. to serve as Illinois Farm Bureau President and Brian Duncan to serve as Illinois Farm Bureau Vice President for two-year terms.